Pictures of Moosen - my adventures at the Tower Rock Lodge in Soldotna

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Saturday, Sunday, and Conclusion

Nope. Up at the crack of what we would consider pre-dawn, in the water by 6am, and we ended the day at oh and three. That’s right, we hooked three of those sneaky bastards, and not one of them was kind enough to surrender. And that’s pretty much how our Saturday morning went.

That’s okay. It just means I’ll have to go back someday.

After lunch we packed up the car, gave our hosts a manly grunt of approval, and headed back towards Anchorage. That night, we’d head back to the Marx Bros, and then get some sleep before we had to be at the airport in the morning. The flight home was a long one, taking us through seattle, Atlanta, and then finally home to Buffalo. Seeing darkness for the first time in a week was odd, as was the idea that we were heading to Buffalo, NY to find warmer weather.

Naturally, there’s a good deal that I wasn’t able to get into on this web site. A lot of it was pretty perverse, so, believe it or not, I’ve saved you from the majority of our sophomoric humor. If you ever run into me, though, ask me about these, and I’ll give you a fair story:

1. “Full on Waaaaa”
2. Do you like jazz?
3. Hey John, more coffee? How about a Thai breakfast?
4. Drs. Frick and Frack
5. Only 280 more feet to go…
6. Let’s put spinners on the boat!
7. Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just superstitious?
8. Don’t think that meal was on the menu.

The list goes on. While I’m thinking of the rest, here are a few more pictures that I’ll close with. Enjoy, y’all.



























Back to the beginning?

1 Comments:

  • Wow, looks like you guys had a great trip. Mary sent me the link to your page. I never realized how beautiful Alaska was... Anyway, have a great day and thanks for the 15 minutes of entertainment. And jealousy. :-D
    -Jess

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 22, 2005 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home